Looking for a career in the home building industry or related field? Review the latest openings and submit your resume directly to the contact.
||Events & Marketing Manager
||The Building Industry Association of Southern California, Orange County Chapter (BIA/OC) has an immediate opening for an associate level events and marketing professional. This is a salaried exempt position with full benefits, including paid sick leave, vacation, 401(k) participation, auto allowance, health, vision and dental; highly competitive salary depending on experience and background. This position will report directly to the Chapter Senior Director of Operations & Membership Services. The position will be based in Irvine, covering activities within the Orange County Chapter’s service area.
The position is responsible for the strategic direction, coordination, and implementation of the local chapter program activities. The position serves as the primary staff liaison to numerous member participation committees including but not limited to the Programs Committee, Insight (Development Trends) Committee, Golf Committee and the Building Industry Technology Academy Wine Event.
The position also involves primary oversight of the Chapters website, preparation of event marketing materials, coordination of event registration, attendance at events and post event preparation of financial reconciliations.
The position requires substantial time commitments over and above normal business hours, including frequent attendance at breakfast and/or dinner meetings and events, and regional meetings of affiliate organizations. BIA/OC is a non-profit trade association and as such we are a modestly sized team that takes pride in our efficiency. The ideal candidate will have the ability to adapt to varying assignments and should also possess the desire and flexibility to work well in a dynamic team structure.
||Candidates for this position should have 4-5 years of experience in event planning along with interpersonal skills and ability to work in an exciting trade association environment with volunteers and staff. It is critical that the candidate be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills and be personally accountable for completion of assigned projects. Candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills. Media experience would also be a plus with the need to prepare press releases and promote events. Candidates must be highly proficient with technology, including Excel, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Publisher, In-Design, Constant Contact, Adobe, and strong internet functionality. Candidates should expect a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and are expected to produce a large quantity of high-quality work. Familiarity and experience within the homebuilding industry would also be beneficial. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required. A list of typical job duties is provided below:
Meetings and Events:
Committee meeting coordination to include:
- Preparing annual budget for event revenue & expenses
- Make food & beverage arrangements
- Securing Speakers
- Preparing Minutes
- Preparing miscellaneous correspondence
- Reconciliation of event expense/income reports
- Sponsorship and advertising (tracking & billing coordination)
- Event Attendance
- Pre-registration and On-site Registration
- Management of Reservation phone line
- Reservation Data Management
Oversee development of event information to include:
- Design, typesetting, proofing, printing
- Membership relations for events (similar to being customer service rep.)
- Answer routine questions re: general billing, advertising, sponsorship pricing
- Other tasks as assigned by Chapter Senior Director of Operations & Membership Services
- Maintain Roster of media contacts
- Preparation & Distribution of News/Press Releases
- Website development & updates
- Ad sales for e-Newsletter and website
- Preparation of Monthly electronic newsletter (BIA/OC Member Newsletter)
- Other BIA Publications as Assigned
||Interested candidates should email their resume to Laura Ulanoski email@example.com
||February 12, 2014